Paris is a well-celebrated and beautiful city – here are some fun facts!
- Paris is the capital of France
- It’s called the city of love, and is considered to be a very romantic place for couples
- Although it is the city love, Paris has a very high divorce rate! Maybe it’s the city of puppy love…
- It’s also called the city of lights – but not because it is lit up at night (the Eiffel Tower in particular is spectacular). It gets it’s nickname as it was Paris that started the Age of Enlightenment
- There are 153 museums in Paris
- There 9665 restaurants to choose from
- The big sights in Paris include the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, the Sacre Coeur, the Louvre, the Pompidou centre, Palais Royal, and the Moulin Rouge
- The underground Metro train system in Paris is the second oldest underground system – the oldest is the tubes in London
- The most visited attraction in Paris is Disneyland Paris
- The Louvre is the biggest museum in the world
- Last year, the rate of tourism dropped in Paris
- The Eiffel Tower is 320m tall, with 1,652 steps to the top (just get the lift)
- Paris attracts 5.5 million visitors a year
- The Eiffel Tower was originally only designed to stand for 20 years. Parisians at the time thought it was an eyesore – now it is the iconic structure of Paris!
- Paris is the city with the most libraries in the world – it has 830 in total