Las Vegas is the epicentre of fun – so here are some fun facts!
- Las Vegas is located in the desert, in the State of Nevada USA
- It’s nicknamed Sin City, due to the amount of drinking, gambling and other goings on that is typical here
- Las Vegas is the brightest point on Earth, due to all the neon lights at night!
- 17 of the 20 biggest hotels in the US are found in Vegas
- In Spanish, ‘Las Vegas’ means ‘the meadows’. Not exactly sure it’s an apt description!
- Vegas has a mob history, and many violent acts were committed here
- The famous ‘Welcome to Las Vegas’ sign doesn’t actually reside in Vegas! It’s about four miles south of the city
- There are more than 150 casinos in Las Vegas
- 300 weddings a day take place in Las Vegas
- The famous Vegas strip is actually located in Clarke County, not Las Vegas
- In 1965, the government began nuclear testing, only 65 miles away from Las Vegas. Party-goers would celebrate each explosion
- The sphinx at the Luxor hotel is taller than the original Egyptian sphinx
- There is a black book in Vegas, with a list of people who aren’t allowed to enter the casinos
- Las Vegas receives roughly 301 days of sunshine a year
- Vegas did not exist until 1905, when it was put on the map as a stop on the Union Pacific Railroad.